Combining an exhibition, and informative conferences and masterclasses, educators visiting the National FutureSchools Expo can tailor an experience that best suits their needs and interests.
Held over two days each year in March at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, the National FutureSchools Expo is centred around the areas of technology, environment, pedagogy and curriculum. It is Australia’s largest education showcase and is aimed at the entire K-12 sector. Along with an exhibition, it includes five parallel conferences that aim to address specific areas of the school of the future:
• Future Leadership
• Young Learning
• Learning support and inclusive education
• Teaching about and using emerging technologies
• STEM, coding, robotics and the new digital curriculum
FutureSchools is the sister-event of EduTECH. While EduTECH covers all sectors in education, FutureSchools is focused solely on schools. It aims to provide educators with ideas, inspiration and learnings that can be taken, adapted and implemented into classrooms around the nation, helping to shape the schools of the future.
The event offers a unique chance for visitors to see a wide range of solutions side-by-side, allowing them to both identify the technologies that are a right fit for them, and determine which vendors they wish to partner with.
Delegates can tailor make their own experience at FutureSchools, choosing which of the five conferences appeal to them, along with focused breakout sessions, masterclasses, interactive exhibition seminars and displays, and networking events.
Each of the five conferences has been designed to cater for senior leadership working in different roles within K-12 education. Upon registration for the event, delegates can select which of the five conferences they wish to attend:
• Future Leaders Conference: A strategic look at the future of education.
• ClassTECH Conference: Centred around using technology, teaching with technology and learning about emerging technology.
• Inclusive Education Conference: Developing a school for all, with no child left behind.
• Young Learners Conference: A holistic and technological view at K-12 learning and teaching practices.
• Teaching Kids to Code: Preparing teachers for the digital technologies curriculum, coding and robotics.
The FutureSchools Expo and Conferences will be held from 20-21 March 2019, with masterclasses taking place the day before, on 19 March 2019. For the full list of masterclasses on offer, please visit the FutureSchools website.
National FutureSchools Conferences and Expo